100 % natural Liquid Castile Soap
To view *ALL of our CASTILE SOAP products, please visit this link:
To view our liquid CASTILE SOAP products, please visit this link:
To view our (hard) CASTILE SOAP BARS, please visit this link:
Would you like to know >MORE About Castile Soap ?
How do we make our soap ?
Our range of 100% natural Liquid Castile Soaps are manufactured from a large percentage of cold pressed Olive Oil, which we blend with the most valuable Vegetable Oils used in soap making like
- Avocado Oil, Apricot kernel Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil,
Sweet Almond Oil, high oleic Sunflower Oil and also Oatmeal,
medicinal herbs, fragrant Essential Oils and Honey for their
additional moisturizing, aroma-therapeutic & skin pampering properties.
- All of our products are PALM OIL FREE
We add enough Coconut Oil to provide a pleasant foam and lather to ensure gentle cleansing without drying out the skin and hair.
What does Castile Soap mean ?
The word castile is a reference to La Castilla – a region in central Spain historically significant in the history of soap making.
Originally only a soap that was made of predominantly Olive Oil received this accolade .
– for an in-depth look at Castile Soaps please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castile_soap
Our customized blends of vegetable oils are then saponified with Potassium Hydroxide.
The result is saponified Vegetable Oil and natural Glycerine, which is separated from the oils in this process and retained in the soap, ensuring milder and more moisturizing properties.
What does saponify mean – and what is Potassium Hydroxide ?
Saponification is the process of turning an oil or fat into a soap.
Each oil has its own uniquely characteristic saponification value and this
why everyONE of our Liquid Castile Soaps has its own mathematical
Once the chemical process of saponification is complete there is no
Potassium Hydroxide left in the soap.
Saponifaction is not herbal hokus pokus but rather a science and it is as
old as the birth of mathematics and astronomy.
– for an in-depth look at saponification please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saponification
– for an in-depth look at Potassium Hydroxide please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_hydroxide
Why do we manufacture Castile Soaps ?
Today many people have become sensitive, even allergic to industrial surfactants, additives, preservatives, artificial colouring and the fragrances which one finds in industrially manufactured Shampoos, Body-Washes, Shower-Gels, Soaps etc.
In the old days “Liquid Castile Soaps “were used as Baby Shampoo or Body-Wash by those who had an exceptionally dry and/or sensitive skin.
Vegetable oil based soaps are usually very thin and thus difficult to handle. To avoid the wasting of soap by spilling, we have further customized this age-old receipe and added just enough Sea-Salt to thicken our liquid soaps.
We do not use any synthetic thickeners, which one would normally use in the industry.
The result is a 100 % natural soap, which lathers well enough to gently cleanse your skin and hair without building up high and lasting foam, which would only harm your skin and hair.
DIY UNSCENTED Castile Soap
Our UNSCENTED 100 % Natural Liquid Castile Soaps can be customized further by you @ home
- fragrance them with aroma-therapeutic Essential Oils of Your Choice,
- you can add seeds, oatmeal, ground walnuts, or poppy seeds to create your own exfoliating scrub, or
- add infused herbal waters or medicinal herbal extracts for their healing and nutritional values to treat individual hair and skin problems, such as dandruff, dry and oily skin, aging skin, or simply for added lustre, shine and *bounce.